Determined!

Options
Hi! :) I'm new here. I suffer from binge eating disorder and as a result have gained crazy amounts of weight... I found this app and thought it would be absolutely amazing for me. Part of BED is not eating for a while and then eating a crazy amount of junk food, but MFP has given me a way to guarantee I get 3 healthy meals a day! Meeting my calorie goal is big motivation.

I am also taking this journey with my mum who has always wanted to lose weight but has never stuck to diets etc. She isn't dieting at the moment but she is exercising with me 3 times a week, either in the gym or playing squash (with a 30 min swim afterwards!) and we plan to go on bike rides on the days that we don't go to the gym. She is also quitting smoking after almost 30 years of it, and I am so proud of her for making it this far! I hope that MFP will keep me motivated enough to motivate her, too!

Any advice is definitely welcome (and needed!) because I'm so new to this whole healthy eating thing!!

-Jayde

Replies

• FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Active.

Runner/swimmer, yoga and strength training

body positivity (recovered anorexic)

I like to interact with my friends, commenting and chatting and supporting etc.

Tumblr: fizikallyfit =)
  • Mushiemallows
    Mushiemallows Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay! My tumblr is the same as my username: mushiemallows
    Body positivity is a must for me :)
  • thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have started to have success creating a diet that works for ME.
    No fad diets or anything of the sort. I basically have taken everything I have learned and put together something that works for me.

The key is hunger.

Understanding when you are the most hungry will help you create a system that will work for you.