Eating Back Calories.. question?

Options
My calorie goal is 1620 which I have trouble eating most days - as much as100 to 200 under . I eat cheese, half and half milk, butter, coconut oil, because of all the suggestions I've seen on here, and was grateful for the hints. I eat ice cream, cause I love it, but also because I have the calories available to do so. I don't exercise agressively because of physical limitations, but when I do I burn about 150 calories that I should be eating back, but often just cannot unless I stuff myself. I have taught myself to eat till I am near full and going beyond that, feels counterintuitive and Very uncomfortable.
So my question is should I just not exercise so I don't have to have the near impossible challenge of eating the extra calories? There's only so much ice cream a girl can eat, lol!
Thanks on advance for your input.

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Drinking calories tends to be easier and doesn't lead to the same "full" feeling. You can try making some healthy fruit smoothies, or just drinking milk or juice with every meal.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth? I ask because most people who have a hard time meeting their calorie goals don't.
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth? I ask because most people who have a hard time meeting their calorie goals don't.

That was my mistake at first, too.
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Everything! I have just never eatén a lot. My Lunch meal today was a two egg omelet, usually add half and half, but was out, with spinach, cheese, tomato, onion and green pepper, slice whole wheat Bread fried in tbsp coconut oil, 1 1/2 turkey sausage, I do eat regular sausage to add fat calories and I was full to the brim. I also have trouble drinking all my 8 glasses of water because it fills me up making it even harder to eat all my calories. Sometimes its a choice of eating or drinking
  • kaykaylyn
    Options
    Drinking calories tends to be easier and doesn't lead to the same "full" feeling. You can try making some healthy fruit smoothies, or just drinking milk or juice with every meal.
    I drink green/fruit smoothies and add Evo or coconut oil, at least every other day and u r right It doesn't make me quite as full.
  • kaykaylyn
    Options

That was my mistake at first, too.
    Do you ask because people may be eating more than They think because of not logging accurately?
  • Yvie1950
    Yvie1950 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I usually don't eat any of the calories from exercise. At most 100 calories. I just can't loose otherwise. And like you I find I am full with the calories I have without adding the exercise extras. You are welcome to look at my food diary to see how I eat. Everyone is different. Find what works for you and eat a balance healthy diet. Take care, Yvonne
  • kaykaylyn
    Options
    Hi, I usually don't eat any of the calories from exercise. At most 100 calories. I just can't loose otherwise. And like you I find I am full with the calories I have without adding the exercise extras. You are welcome to look at my food diary to see how I eat. Everyone is different. Find what works for you and eat a balance healthy diet. Take care, Yvonne
    quote:
    Took a peak at your diary for today, it looks really good. I think I too will stop trying to eat back exercise calories- sure tales some pressure off, thanks. I really want this journey to be as stress free as possible. Keep up your good work.