Percentages of food i should be eating

Options
what percentage of protein, fat, carbs shoud i be at tto loose weight and build muscle? i am 49, workout. daily, aand have about 35lbs to lose.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    Whatever makes you happy. Macros have all to do with satiety and none with fatloss. One caveat: you need enough protein and fat for your body to work properly. But simply for fatloss all you need is a calorie deficit that is appropriate for your current weight, size and gender. With just 35lbs to lose, 1lbs per week would probably be appropriate, plus eating back a part of your workout calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    This site's defaults are 50C 30F 20P, and that is a great place from which to accomplish your Goals.

At your weight it may be a good idea to set it at 40C 30F 30P, or even 30/30/30(ish) but that's just because eating lowered calories at 20%P can mean not getting enough protein and fat in general. When I was losing weight I was usually around 35C 45F 20P. When I'm on lower calories it's just easier for me to eat fewer carbs and more fat for satiety.

It's totally up to you.