Offensive picture question for the masses

Options

Replies

• JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)

What if you're a Hooters girl? Or a stripper!?
    This is true. Not to mention some people have more cleavage than others. It's perspective.

It's not fair to those of us who have more (which is usually not our fault and which in turn looks like more) that we get pics of photos of us in a SHIRT reported, but girls with smaller breasts a lot of times can wear a bikini and no one reports them to the same degree. To me it is true body shaming at it's finest and I have thought of quitting this site because of it. My cleavage was god-given to me and I do NOT show it in an unreasonable manner...period.

hey now! Don't throw us bikini clad gals under the bus!
    No, not at all! I think it's beautiful. I'm just saying that everyone's body is different and beautiful. We should celebrate that because this life would be sooooo boring without that! :smooched:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

This is true. Not to mention some people have more cleavage than others. It's perspective.

It's not fair to those of us who have more (which is usually not our fault and which in turn looks like more) that we get pics of photos of us in a SHIRT reported, but girls with smaller breasts a lot of times can wear a bikini and no one reports them to the same degree. To me it is true body shaming at it's finest and I have thought of quitting this site because of it. My cleavage was god-given to me and I do NOT show it in an unreasonable manner...period.

No, not at all! I think it's beautiful. I'm just saying that everyone's body is different and beautiful. We should celebrate that because this life would be sooooo boring without that! :smooched:

:blushing: can I motorboat, now?
    Options

Ohhhhhhh, yeah!!!!! Only if you wear that bikini tho!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My question is why people would get so butthurt over a person's profile pic. Don't like it, don't look at it for heaven's sake. Some people need to just GTFO. A bikini is more acceptable than a sports bra? Aren't they about the same amount of material? Ridiculous.

ETA perhaps I should report ipuffyheart there because her suit is skin toned. Although with THAT body, I would be ALL NUDE ALL THE TIME. Get it, girl!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    okay.......................
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    underwears, even thongs are considered work safe. Even implied nudity with private parts covered by hand are also considered work safe. Except explicit nudity and violent or offensive imagery everything else is usually work safe. If you are afraid you will have trouble being on this site at work, you shouldn't be getting on this site in the first place.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    A hell of a lot of that stuff is still around and a lot of people get away with it. I saw a cleavage shot the other day that was only cleavage and bra. But I didn't really care, because I wasn't being forced to look at it. Ok, I CARED A LITTLE. Because her boobs were giant and fantastic and I was super jelly. Dayum they were big. And round. And perfect.

Ok, what are we talking about?
    Options
    My question is why people would get so butthurt over a person's profile pic. Don't like it, don't look at it for heaven's sake. Some people need to just GTFO. A bikini is more acceptable than a sports bra? Aren't they about the same amount of material? Ridiculous.

ETA perhaps I should report ipuffyheart there because her suit is skin toned. Although with THAT body, I would be ALL NUDE ALL THE TIME. Get it, girl!

spraytans are required at competitions. :sad:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    So, imo, if topless pictures of men are allowed on this site, which they obviously are, then topless women should be allowed as well. Actually, I would prefer if it were the other way: no topless pictures for both sexes. BTW, what's the difference between a picture with a woman in a bra or a bikini top? It just gets ridiculous; don't you think?

I say "no" to topless women because then this site would be NSFW. =(
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Bollocks
    Options

this one, the orange, white or yellow one?
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I feel sorry for the women who do not feel that breasts are sexual objects. If you don't have that kind of feeling there, that must be a real bummer. IMW breasts are sexy. They feel sexy. They look sexy. Yay for boobies!

I don't think a woman in a sports bra is pushing the envelope, but I do feel a women hanging out of her sports bra is pushing the envelope. And I think she knows when she's gone there.

I'm reading this with interest though, because I snapped an end of summer pic of my upper body that I wanted to put in my profile, but didn't finish the upload because it could be questionable to some. I think it's pretty, so I may do it anyway. :smile:
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options

[/quote

Don't quit the sight just because of that. If its helping you, stay, although I understand.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Personally, I feel there is a prejudice against ginger cleavage here...Idk what ppl have against spotted bewbs; but apparently, they must remain under wraps permanently :grumble:
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I feel sorry for the women who do not feel that breasts are sexual objects. If you don't have that kind of feeling there, that must be a real bummer. IMW breasts are sexy. They feel sexy. They look sexy. Yay for boobies!

I don't think a woman in a sports bra is pushing the envelope, but I do feel a women hanging out of her sports bra is pushing the envelope. And I think she knows when she's gone there.

I'm reading this with interest though, because I snapped an end of summer pic of my upper body that I wanted to put in my profile, but didn't finish the upload because it could be questionable to some. I think it's pretty, so I may do it anyway. :smile:

If you like, then you should post it.... if somebody finds it offensive they can move on.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Reported because I am a little pansey with sensitive eyes.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I personally don't understand why a sports bra is an unacceptable picture. Not only do women work out in them, but bathing suits are a heck of a lot skimpier than a sports bra, and there's no rules against a beach picture.
    Options

Post the pic. Not to mention different people find different things sexual. Some people find legs extremely sexy which in your case in your profile pic it could be construed as offensive if someone deems it too sexy (nice legs BTW :)). Breasts are sexy, but so are shapes of butts, legs, stomachs, etc.

We all have different opinions on what is too sexy, but if your private bits are covered then it should be acceptable in this forum. Just my opinion, not that anyone cares. haha
    Options

Reported because I am a little pansey with sensitive eyes.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is that "offensive" is discretionary and largely based on a gut feeling of how a picture conforms to Googles rules for advertising.
    MFP is not simply an altruistic venture,it is a for profit business funded by ads.