Not new to MFP but new to discussions!

Options
Hi! I'm a 42 year old female whose weight has been fluctuating for several years. I know what I need to do & I've gotten there before. I'm currently motivated and exercising, tracking my meals & watching what I eat. I've lost 15 lbs since the first of the year. I just hope I can keep it up! Right now I seem to have reached a bit of a plateau.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Just to be clear, 15 lbs in 8 weeks is nowhere near a plateau 😉 it's quite fast even.
    A plateau is at least 4 weeks without progress. So don't be discouraged, just know that weight loss requires patience and taking a step back to look at your long-term weight trend beyond short term stalls or fluctuations.

Hoping you can keep it up - that phrase makes me think you might be going too hard? Some people get too restrictive when they try to lose weight: trying to lose too fast and/or eliminating favorite foods and/or making themselves follow punitive exercise regimes they don't enjoy.
    It's great that you're motivated, but personally I prefer a strategy that doesn't require motivation, by making my weight loss strategy as pleasant as possible: since the goal is to lose the weight and keep it off the rest of my life, I chose a strategy I can keep up the rest of my life.
    For me that meant aiming for a slow rate of loss (yay, more food!), gradual changes (in lifestyle mostly) and still eating all of my favorite foods, in more appropriate qualities and proportions.

Just some thoughts that may or may not apply to you, since I know very little about your journey 🙂