PCOS, Depression, and CVS

Hannah_banana_94
Hannah_banana_94 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2022 in Motivation and Support
Hey everyone.
I was just recently diagnosed with PCOS.... and on top of that, I have depression and CVS (cyclic vomiting syndrome). It is so hard to find support, diets, and exercises that will help with everything. I have gained so much weight over the years because of this and I am so bloated. I just want to feel healthy again and do what is right by my body.
I feel like it is hard to find support... Is there anyone else in the similar boat?
I've been trying so hard to get back to 225 lbs. Being 280 lbs is the highest I have ever been and I feel disgusted and upset by it.
Tagged:

Replies

• FoxySprinkles
    FoxySprinkles Posts: 32 Member
    I'm sorry you're going through all of that. It's a lot. I think you need to fuel your body appropriately given the depression and health issues. Do you try to avoid sugar and unrefined carbs (i think those are bad for PCOS, and sugar is really bad for mental health). Are you eating your veggies/fruits/proteins and drinking lots of water? I'm by no means a nutritionist but looking into healthy foods for you might be helpful.
  • sarahan4
    sarahan4 Posts: 8 Member
    I agree with FoxySprinkles. I have PCOS and Depression as well. (Not currently on medicine for depression though) But I have noticed less carbs and sugar is making me feel so much better. Carbs are my down fall! I love my bread and pasta. But iv been watching what I am eating and eating more proteins and I can tell a big difference! I still eat carbs but just make sure I don't go over my numbers when I input them on MFP. I noticed I don't have as many headaches that's common with PCOS and hormonal imbalance. Once you start eating right you start to feel so much better, then that's when I get motivated to actually work out. Hope this helps!
  • marissabakescakes
    marissabakescakes Posts: 35 Member
    Many women with PCOS also have issues with insulin resistance. The responses above are accurate, the more you reduce the refined carbs/sugars in your diet, the better you will feel. Sugar spikes can also trigger mood swings. Add some light exercise and see how you feel.
    This is the only thing that has worked for me :smiley: