New Bug - Percentages of Kcals for Fat, Carbs, Proteins Suddenly Wrong

Options
SergeGardien
SergeGardien Posts: 2 Member
Hi, this morning (like every morning) I was adding my breakfast saved meal to my log and I've noticed that the percentages of calories for the fats, carbs and proteins were all wrong and changed overnight.

This meal has been balanced to get ~30% of kcals from carbs, ~30% from fats and ~40% from proteins and it was fine till yesterday. I've created and used it for 5 months now without any issues.

Today I've checked it again and, without changing anything, I've found the percentages changed to 37% of kcals from carbs, 15% from fats, and 48% from proteins.

Here is a screenshot:
b83d7qdwn63v.png

If I manually compute the kcals for the fats these are 11.6g * 9kcal = 104.4 kcal which corresponds to 104.4kcal/361kcal ~= 29% which is far different from the 15% shown.

It looks like a bug to me.

Can anybody confirm and in case fix it?

Thanks

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,310 MFP Staff
    Options
    Keep in mind that carbs and protein have 4 calories per gram and fats have 9 calories per gram. This ratio is important when calculating the percentage: (macro grams x calories per gram) / total calories. Assuming the math still doesn't work out after calculating the percentage via that method, please feel free to reach out to support for further assistance.
  • SergeGardien
    SergeGardien Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Durden. I've contacted the support team and they've fixed the bug. They're now in the testing phase and the fix should be available in version 22.6.
This discussion has been closed.