Wetherspoons

Options
When searching for toast calories from J.D Wetherspoons, why is it assumed everyone has the preserves with it, so damned annoying, is it so hard so separate them.😡

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    What?
    Are you talking about the food database here?
    You can add a new entry to the database. Restaurant food is sometimes just a guess. Grab a generic "Bread" entry and use it. Logging restaurant food is something you'll need to be okay with estimations in general. No restaurant food is going to be 100% accurate.

If you buy a digital food scale and learn to use it, you will be more able to make a guess on sizes/portions of bread and other things after you've used it for a while.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,658 Member
    Options
    In the website but not the phone app you can enter negative servings to subtract items. Useful for logging something like a Wendy’s hamburger with half the bun.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even bother adding a new database entry. I'd find a 'bloomer' entry and select that I've had two slices. It won't be 100% accurate, but it'll be close.

On the rare occasions that I have bread at home, I use Hovis' medium sliced wholemeal (smaller slices of bread / weigh less than most) but, for most breakfast places, if I eat toast, I'll select a Warburton's Farmhouse entry as it's thicker / larger. I had breakfast in Wetherspons yesterday and am pretty sure the toast was bloomer bread. However, I ate the entire breakfast so just picked the database entry that matched the nutrition info on Wetherspoon's website.