Success after 50? Please share!

Options

Replies

• farfey52
    farfey52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll be 70 in July. I read "Atomic Habits" and realized I didn't need to change everything all at once. I started to make small changes, such as avoiding salty foods, and stuck with them. Then, I read the "Seven-Day Rescue Diet" and watched "The Game Changers" (full movie free on youtube) and went plant strong. Instead of struggling to limit what I eat, I can't eat everything I plan each day. I feel much better, have more energy and my blood pressure and cholesterol have dropped dramatically. I still have a few pounds to lose, but have confidence now that it can be easy. Some days I struggle and take a step back (like those four chocolate birthday cupcakes I ate last Sunday). Then, I remind myself of something a meditation teacher said to me about forty years ago: continuity of practice is the secret of success.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,460 Member
    Options
    I love when @mrmota70 posts.

He only comes out often enough to inspire and amaze.

He’s got some kick *kitten* running pictures around here somewhere.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    @mrmota70

That's amazing.

I'm curious, did you also gain height? :)

"At 48 in 54X30 size pants"

"Yesterday in 30X32 Levi’s"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!