Beautiful Blues 7/24/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge36.jpg

Here is the new board!

What are your plans this week? I haven't decided yet... Give me some good ideas for a good goal!

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I am back from vacation, and getting ready for Bible School at church. I will try to catch up on all of you later.
  • UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My plan for this week is to continue with the squat, pushup and situp challenges just so that I can get into the habit of completing a program once I start it. That way I can start into a more structured workout plan that may become a daily routine.
  • debnu1
    Options
    I figured out my goal...I am going to work on getting everything organized around me this week so that I can do the things I need to and want to do. I feel so much better when my house is cleaned and organized. I just forget about that when it is a mess. :grumble: We have a bunch of family coming over tonight. I am going to try a bruschetta recipe from the clean eating book. It looks tasty. Hopefully it is! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    HI all,

I'm feeling more relaxed, but took friday and saturday off the working out. Surprisingly, even after this month of not quite being on a workout, my clothes fit well and I feel good. I guess it's the long run that counts. Today I'm feeling more back on track, I did week 10 of p90x, chest shoulders and triceps...this is a hard one with all the push ups..but I did what I could. I also did ab ripper, and ran outside for 30 minutes.

Love you all and take care!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Did the weigh-in date change since the last time I was on here? Thought it was Mondays. :huh:

Anywho... I splurged over the weekend and bought FRUIT! Lol. Sounds funny but it's been sooooo long since I've been able to afford any. I think that's all I ate all day...apples, strawberries, and grapes. Yum! :love:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Mary- welcome back from vacation, I hope you enjoyed it!
    Maneyes- Good plan, it helps having a daily routine. It is good sometimes to mix it up too.
    Deb- Organization is HUGE for me, if I walk into the house and it's a mess it feels like chaos, I love an organized home...so much easier to do things for yourself if the family is taken care of!! Good choice.
    Rach- The weigh-in day was changed to Friday. Many of us thought it was a good choice as it seems to be our lightest day. I know for me it helps through the weekend to know where I am on Friday.

As for me... I had a great weekend. Saturday hubby and I got a load of firewood (wow what a workout that can be!) Then we took Kati to her first Minor League Baseball game. A foul ball game into the stands a couple rows back and the older lady that got the ball gave it to Kati, she was estatic! Sunday morning we went up for another load of firewood (another great butt workout!) Kati and I did a a little shopping, then we all had a relaxing Sunday evening with BBQ ribs for dinner!

Here's to a great week everyone!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Did 30 minutes of leg weight training during lunch. No desire to do more after getting home from work.... Hmm...need to start going to bed at around 10:00pm so I can get up early...to do p90x in the morning. Take care all, and keep pushing.

I'm feeling so much better, am so happy, feel so much peace.

Hope you all feel better and get the rest you need while you recover.

Hugs and kisses,
    Mayra
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Planned on doing Shred this morning but instead of waking up at 5......I woke up at 6.30. Whoops! BUT I did eat fruit for breakfast and packed a lunch. No more fast food!!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Rach- Fruit for breakfast sounds yum! I like to snack on blueberries and strawberries on the weekends when I'm home.

Never got up this morning, so seems like going to sleep at 10:00pm is not working. I need to go to bed at 9:00pm I guess, b/c I sleep like 8-8.5 hours.... All the good shows end at 10:00pm. Oh, well, I guess I have priorities.. I might be able to search for the shows on hulu.com Weird thing, today went to run during lunch at the gym and did like 40 minutes with a few breaks in the treadmill, and my lower back started hurting. I think it's from sitting all day at work, and not sitting correctly. I'm going to sit back on the chair to support my back... who would have thought.

Take care all, and keep pushing!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mayra, you are doing awesome! You deserve to have peace! You have worked so hard for so long, I am glad you are listening to your body!

Randi, you are right, being organized and clean makes a huge difference. It is also one of my downfalls. It really is hard for me to stay organized. It should be easy, you know just clean up after yourself. If only it worked that easy. :laugh:

Rach, sorry we didn't pass the word along. I will plug you in for this week and then you can sesnd me your weight on Friday too!

I had another swimming lesson today. I am really enjoying it, and according to the calorie counts it is something I need to pick up and do daily! I am soooo tired now too. Who knew it would take so much work. :bigsmile:

Have a great day everyone!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I feel great having skipped the greasy burger, fries, and soda for a chicken salad, strawberries, and grapes. Won't be home this evening to workout but hopefully I'll be back in time to go to bed early so I can try this morning thing again tomorrow. No more money and time excuses!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Chicken salad and grapes sound awesome. I will have to do something like that. I have a bunch of salad makings in my fridge just \waiting to be eaten, all cut etc. Now to just eat it! I did have oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. Yummy!

Keep on keeping on!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Rach- That meal sounds yummy and so healthy! Keep up the good work!

Debnu- Love your new ticker with your baby countdown...awww...so cute.. Many blessings to you and hope for a smooth pregnancy... :)

Didn't get up on time this morning, guess I need to be in bed by 9:00pm.. yikes... seems super early. Anyhow, went to the gym during lunch time and got in 40 minutes of weight training for the leg.

take care all and keep pushing!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    2 more days til weigh-in. I peeked at the scale and its looking good but I'm not posting til Friday!!

Here's to great numbers for everyone on Friday! :drinker:

Hey Peter- where ya at brother??
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    2 more days til weigh-in. I peeked at the scale and its looking good but I'm not posting til Friday!!

Here's to great numbers for everyone on Friday! :drinker:

Hey Peter- where ya at brother??

I'm around. Been working in the garage within the last week, Was hot in there today. Now I can re-arrange stuff and put stuff back "for now" while that renovation is done.

Your scaring me Randi. Your already looking good this week and it's not friday.
    After losing 8 lbs last week. Just keep rocking.

Btw. Since I've been busy this week, I have not jumped on the scale at all since (last friday). Should be interesting.
  • debnu1
    Options
    thanks Mayra, I was hesitant to put up the ticker, I am always super nervous until my first MD appointment. It's only 4 weeks away but still...

Peter, hooray for finishing renovations! I think the putting stuff away afterwards is the best part. Then you can enjoy it!

My cheat look at the scale wasn't so friendly lately. I have been eating too much salt. I guess I should get logging my foods. Again. You know all that preparation I was going to do with my new computer? Ya right, it kinda fizzled. I am going to get back on track!
    I am quite worried that I will end up diabetic again with this pregnancy. So I am trying to make changes again. Time to really get organized!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Randi- Wohooo....go you, go you!!!!

Hi buddies,

So, my blood results came back and I'm fine.... I'm just lacking vitamin D and doctor has me taking vitamin D. I know that is in some sea food like salmon and some foods are enriched with it, but it's also from a lack of taking in Sun. I need me some sun.

Sorry to worry all of you guys, but I just realized that all that time I was feeling dizzy sick etc, it was from a new eyeglass prescription I have had. I have to go back and tell them I want my old glasses' prescription. I mean I seriously don't feel stressed and I was really surprised I was feeling so sick. My husband was the one that made the connection b/c I've been wearing new glasses for 3 weeks, now I'm back to the old ones.

I'm getting back pain at work from my work chair....I'm just not getting used to the way the back part is positioned...I've never had lower back pain before, so this is new to me. I need to see if I can get a pillow or something to put behind it. Does this sound familiar to anyone.

Got my run today with 0 incline to avoid my lower back pain and did 3.4 miles in the treadmill for 40 minutes and a 512 calorie burn. What is wrong with me...I've been so hungry lately! I' will try and make some veggie juice at home to see if my body is just hungry for vitamins.

Take care all! Sorry for the rant!
  • MayLan
    Options
    Debnu- Don't be worried, this time you have the necessary tools to track sugar and salt intake. I wouldn't over do it on the sweets or fruits, but you already know that. You have so much knowledge about eating healthy which I know will serve you well for this pregnancy.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mayra, thanks for the supportive words. I know what to do. I just need to do it! My husband had a low vitamin D level too, so low that it was giving him muscle aches and severe tiredness. He went on a prescription supplement for a week and I still have him on 2000IU in addition to his multivitamin everyday. It sure made a difference. According to dr oz, all North americans should be getting about 1000 IU a day. I take a supplement when I am not outside as my level was borderline, even with my multivitamin.

I am glad you figured out the dizziness. It sure explains a lot! What would we do without husbands? As far as back pain, pay attention to how you are sitting at the desk. Sometimes it helps to sit forward and plant your feet on the floor. I would also make sure you are taking a walking break frequently. Instead of calling someone walk to their desk, if that works, or just stand up and stretch once an hour. Your body isn't used to sitting for long periods of time and you probably don't want it to get that way!
  • MayLan
    Options
    debnu- Thanks so much for the tips. I really appreciate them. My doctor has me taking 2000 iu of vitamin D and I also take my multivitamin. I heard on Oprah show how even she has had low vitamin d b/c living in cold climates. I'm going to tell my hubby I need to go on a vacation with lots of beach and sun...for my health..to get those vitamin Ds.. hehehe. take care!