Exercise = more energy?

Options
Someone needs to tell my body that! I started working out at a gym on Tuesday. So I have worked out 2 days. A little over an hour the first day and 40 minutes today. Both days I am just as sleep as I am when I dont' work out. I don't feel like I have any extra energy. lol So when will this energy kick in?

Replies

• MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    If you just started exercising then I would say this is normal.

Monitor your calories. If you restrict too much and add on top of that a new workout schedule you'll definitely feel sluggish.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Not overnight.

The normal response to a significant increase in activity level is fatigue. The amount of time is takes to feel more energetic depends on your body's adaptive response and it's different for everyone.

Google "physiological response to exercise" and read some of the articles - it's pretty amazing what your body starts doing but it takes time and consistency!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Not overnight.

The normal response to a significant increase in activity level is fatigue. The amount of time is takes to feel more energetic depends on your body's adaptive response and it's different for everyone.

Google "physiological response to exercise" and read some of the articles - it's pretty amazing what your body starts doing but it takes time and consistency!

and once you put in the time and consistency, if you stop, you get mighty jittery. Anxious. Need to move.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    Not overnight.

Going to google it right now, Thanks!