Using iPhone for counting steps

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "I'm at the point where I'm only guessing how fast I'm walking outside now."

GPS will give you accurate distance outdoors and your clock will give you accurate time so you don't need to guess.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,457 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    "I'm at the point where I'm only guessing how fast I'm walking outside now."

GPS will give you accurate distance outdoors and your clock will give you accurate time so you don't need to guess.

True. I’ve walked the same circuits several times a day for two or three years now. Occasionally it will burp and do the One Mile alert maybe 50 or a hundred yards earlier or later, but then I generally remember I had to cut down an alley or change directions because the High Anxiety Dog spotted something triggering he wanted to avoid.

The GPS is pretty reliable on all our routes.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,457 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Check all your settings carefully. I thought I had checked every conceivable possibility, but Support suggested yet another.

Go to >more>steps and make sure it’s set on recording steps from your Watch and not iPhone or vice versa.

Mine was inexplicably changed from Watch to phone.

I don’t always carry my phone, so this explains s why it’s been shorting me thousands of steps every day.

I changed it and it immediately corrected today’s steps and gave me back a hundred “negative calories”.

I’m going for a walk later this afternoon after the gym and am curious to see what will happen.

I’m hoping this will sort out the wild fluctuations with the negative calorie adjustment.