feeling so stuck

Options
agdahl
agdahl Posts: 3 Member
I did so well a year ago. Have put back on 12 of the 24 pounds lost. And I find myself with no energy, little motivation, and late night "binge" eating. I want to recommit to being the healthy me....thanks for all of your support!

What has worked for you in getting and staying healthy?

Replies

• rmaraschin
    rmaraschin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same situation but what is working well is exercising regularly. I just go to the gym everyday without thinking, I work out from home with you tube videos when I don't have enough time. I need to set a nutritional plan to lose weight again.
  • Lessennan
    Lessennan Posts: 2,961 Member
    Options
    It’s hard to get into a routine and stick to it.
    Since you seem to be lethargic and binge eating at night maybe try looking at your food intake first.
    Track what you’re eating against the calories your tracker allows.
    As a trying to reform junk foods binger when stressed I know that while 4 chocolate bars may have the same calories as my favourite stir fry dinner they do not have the same nutrient values and the nutrition part is what makes me function best.
    No point working out hard in the gym if you don’t have the strength for it, you’ll just feel worse.
    However, a brisk walk even just round the block, gets your blood pumping and your lungs filled with fresh air and it sets me up for the day.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I make exercise a priority. Every morning I wake up and workout. It's a non negotiable. I feel like this gives me energy to start my day. Other than that, I try to get in lots of vegetables and cut back on sweets and chips.
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,017 Member
    Options
    I’m in a similar boat, as someone who also struggles with binge eating I recently just discovered the Brain over Binge podcast to help give me some new tools to reset my brain so I don’t crave the binges. Hopefully it’s of some help to you also.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I’m in a similar boat, as someone who also struggles with binge eating I recently just discovered the Brain over Binge podcast to help give me some new tools to reset my brain so I don’t crave the binges. Hopefully it’s of some help to you also.

I'm glad you mentioned this. Haven't checked the podcast out yet but signed up and will DL the 30 pg. book, to see what it's all about.