Upper body toning

Options
Need quick and easy exercises. I’m up around 5am and can’t spend a lot of time working out. Anything good for 15-20min

Replies

• positiveyou1
    positiveyou1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    fastest general all over body, are 10 reps x 3-5 sets
    jog on spot 30 seconds run on spot 30 seconds
    press-ups (can be done either narrow, wide, shoulder tap, slowdown fast up the variety is good)
    mountain climbers or half burpee
    squats with a calf raise
    crunches ( can do high reach cruches, held crunch or with a twist)
    leg raises
    repeat

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    You can do a lot in 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how brutally hard you want to go and what shape you're in.

Also, depends on what you want to do, cardio or weights or both. What kind of shape are in now? Do you lift currently or do any type of cardio?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Upper body toning - that generally means losing fat to expose hopefully muscle you got.
    Diet for former obviously, exercise for latter.

Besides the great questions already asked - what equipment do you have available?

Indeed for a lot of people, upper body is weak enough that body weight resistance training can accomplish a lot.

But advice based on the lack of info you provided - can make some pretty poor workouts wasting your time.
  • ciaoder
    ciaoder Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Things my wife does to tone upper body mostly for aesthetics are bench dips, band pull aparts , lat row, and pallof presses.

If you want to keep it super simple I don't think you can go wrong skipping rope for that 15 minutes.
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,017 Member
    Options
    A good easy way to burn out your arms for upper body:
    Get a set of 3-5 lbs dumbbells, and do some punching drills.
    30 seconds of each:
    Jabs,
    Crosses,
    Jab and Cross,
    Punch overhead (Straight up)
    (Do this a few rounds)

You can do Shoulder raises, Lateral Shoulder raises, dips, Iron Cross, Rows, Curls... check pinterest for some new routines! :)

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    A good easy way to burn out your arms for upper body:
    Get a set of 3-5 lbs dumbbells, and do some punching drills.
    30 seconds of each:
    Jabs,
    Crosses,
    Jab and Cross,
    Punch overhead (Straight up)
    (Do this a few rounds)

You can do Shoulder raises, Lateral Shoulder raises, dips, Iron Cross, Rows, Curls... check pinterest for some new routines! :)

With the caveat that explosive movements with weights can be an injury risk, for beginners. Otherwise, sure.
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find lists of exercises boring and would much rather do a HIIT video. I recommend "HAS-fit" they are free on you-tube. Lots to choose from. For you goals, I would look for 20 min upper body HIIT and bodyweight exercises - I am pretty sure there are some.