10 months ago...

Options
10 months ago, I stepped on the scale and made myself sick. I knew I needed to change before then, but seeing that number did it for me. I immediately changed everything. I went straight out to the kitchen, pulled out the kitchen scale, and started weighing breakfast- something I never really ate before.
I didn't stop. That same night, I started going for walks. I was out of breath by the time I got down to the end of the block- 5 houses away, on a flat street. But I didn't stop.
Fast forward 10 months, I have lost 36.8lbs, dropped a total of 27.5 inches, dropped 11.5% body fat. I started swimming, running, biking, and yoga. I am training for a triathlon.
I reached my goal of running a 5k.
My clothes are fitting better, I have thrown out a bunch that I used to struggle to get into and stopped wearing because they hurt to wear.
I have more energy throughout the day. I feel better in my skin. I am not struggling to do day to day things anymore.
I can feel my hip bones. I can see my collarbones. My thighs aren't sticking to each other anymore. I have movement in my arms again. I got rid of a few extra chins.
I sleep better. I am happier overall.
I don't dread waking up and wondering what to wear to hide myself each day.
In 10 months, I have turned my life around.

I have not reached all of my goals- yet.
I have so much farther to go. But it doesn't seem like it's out of reach anymore.

I needed that change. I needed that push. And I needed that sickening feeling that lead to tears, when I stepped on the scale 10 months ago.
It changed everything.

And I am so happy for that!

Replies

• lacylucy1935
    lacylucy1935 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    So glad for you, I never weighed my food. I measured and then put the food in containers of that size to stay in control. I have lost 18 or so. I am at that point where I have to really fight to stay where I am. if I fall off I get right back on, have come back to FP for the 3rd time, always a winner in my book!

Keep up the good work!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    Great job so far, awesome story
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!