Search Recent Foods list

Options
Hello everyone,
I just started using this thru a Safari browser on a Mac. I would like to be able to search only my recent foods to find something, but I can't figure out how to do that. Any ideas? Thanks very much.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,891 Member
    Options
    In web MFP, as far as I know, you can only sort your recent foods, not search them. If you use the phone/tablet app to log your food, you can effectively search foods by starting to type in part of the name, and it'll show matching things from your recent foods first, let you click on a "search all foods" if it's something new.

I mostly use my phone to log these days, largely for that reason. When I used web MFP to log, I found it easiest to sort the recent foods by name, then scroll through the pages (or go straight to a page based on a guess where the food I wanted would be) to find what I wanted. I usually logged a full meal at a time (from notes on scrap paper), so I'd click the items on page 1, go to page 2 and click more there, until I'd picked up everything from recents, add all of those at once, go on to search for any new items in the full food database.