Calorie Adjustment - Enable Negative Adjustments

Options
Una_Vita_Migliore
Una_Vita_Migliore Posts: 1 Member
I do not understand the Calorie Adjustment? I have my Fitbit synced and I'm not sure if the Enable Negative Adjustments should be clicked or not. I am currently not exercising much and I do not want to use Fitbit's calories burned amount, only steps/miles walked. Should I unclick it?

Thanks.

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,284 MFP Staff
    Options
    Enabling a negative calorie adjustment from your integration will give you the most accurate information about your calorie expenditure for the day. A negative calorie adjustment indicates that you are using fewer calories on a given day than our original MyFitnessPal estimate.

The option for allowing negative calorie adjustments can be found by logging in to your account at www.myfitnesspal.com, then clicking "My Home" then "Settings" then "Diary settings". Check the box for "Enable Negative Adjustments" then click "Save Changes." Your settings will take effect the next time data syncs from your device.

We recommend enabling negative adjustments if:

you expect to wear your tracking device consistently
    you would like the most accurate calorie feedback MyFitnessPal can provide
    your device is able to sync its data multiple times over the course of the day

We recommend disabling negative adjustments if:

you do not expect to wear your device consistently
    your device can only sync occasionally, or only late in the day
    you wish to use the device only for the motivational experience of earning additional calories

For more detailed information regarding the calorie adjustment please see this article. Go here to view a list of our current partners.
  • rochester501
    rochester501 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, My negative adjustments are disabled. They stated to go to Myfitness.com and click settings and exercise tab. There is no exercise tab. Then it states the same thing except diary tab. There is no diary tab. Please Help...frustrated
    Thank you,
    Jim
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,282 Member
    Options
    Hi, My negative adjustments are disabled. They stated to go to Myfitness.com and click settings and exercise tab. There is no exercise tab. Then it states the same thing except diary tab. There is no diary tab. Please Help...frustrated
    Thank you,
    Jim

On the desktop website, go to MY HOME: in the second row menu, choose Settings.
    On that page, in the first column, go to Diary Settings, where you can turn on negative calorie adjustments.
  • rochester501
    Options
    Hi,
    Thank you for the response. But there is no Dairy Settings.
    Here is what I see
    DEVICES
    View All Your Devices
    Inspire HR Image
    Inspire HR
    View Device Settings
    battery level icon
    SETTINGS
    Personal Info
    Notifications
    Privacy
    Data Export
    Manage Data
    Manage Account Access
    Applications
    Help

Thank you,
    Jim
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,282 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what you're seeing, it's totally different from what I see:

t1xd9eqaaeyj.jpg
  • rochester501
    Options
    I was in the wrong website lol thank you
This discussion has been closed.