My exercise points are not updating correctly for the last 2 days is there a tech problem?

Options
woodpecker4504
woodpecker4504 Posts: 1 Member
Yesterday I walked more than 11,000 points which I could see transferred into mfp from my Fitbit but no exercise points were added. Today I walked 11000 plus steps and it allocated 64 points which when I then added another exercise it wiped out. Has anyone else had problems like this? I been using it for over 3 months never had a problem until last few days.

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,310 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are seeing a step count and a 0 for the adjustment, then you have not yet earned an adjustment.

The adjustment is actually not based on your step count, but instead based on your entire activity for the day. The step count is there as an incentive and though it does contribute to part of your activity level, it's not the sole contributor.

Therefore x amount of steps does not mean you will receive x amount of extra calories.

The way the adjustment is derived is by comparing your total calories burned from your tracker against the total calories already provided by MyFitnessPal.

When you have earned more calories than MyFitnessPal has already provided, you will then see the difference as your adjustment.

** You can view a breakdown of this calculation by either tapping on the adjustment line in the app, or by clicking the "i" next to the adjustment line in the Cardiovascular section online at www.MyFitnessPal.com **

Please also note: the total calories from MyFitnessPal will include any calories instantly provided by adding separate exercises (outside of your partner adjustment) to MyFitnessPal, along with the calories needed to reach the goals you set when joining the program.

The following article may also help: https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/articles/360032623871-What-is-the-Calorie-Adjustment-in-my-Exercise-Diary-
This discussion has been closed.