New Again!

Options
Hi Everyone,
I'm thankful to be back... I was a member years ago and have had an on and off-again relationship with MFP. I tried other apps for a while including Spark People, but thankfully I am back and happy to see a whole bunch of changes to the platform. I struggled with morbid obesity and obesity most of my adult life. In 2019, my mom passed and I hit rock bottom, In spite of the fact that I am a spiritual counselor (Pastor), I never realized I was addicted to food and my eating habits were not being governed by anyone or anything other than my own insatiable appetites. In April of that year, I cried out to God and asked Him for help... I realized that I had no willpower and that the problem was not really being overweight, the problems found origins in insecurities, self-rejection, and a lack of identity. I found a couple of scripture in the Bible that were like a light in a black tunnel: Phillipians 2:13 and Ephesians 2:10 - If He would produce the desire, I could do this... so I started making better decisions in life and marched on day by day... By April 2020 I had dropped 50 lbs and was ready to take this to a new level. I began a nutritional and Healthy Living certification at Cornell University and finished... But I caught the educational nutritional bug, So I am currently a student at Purdue University working on my Bachelor's in Nutritional Sciences and on to Integrative Medicine. I began a support group and am a Nutritional Coach, helping people get educated on nutritional principles that can help them make better decisions. I always say: "Better decisions today will render better results tomorrow!" It's a pleasure to get to know you on this platform!! Blessings to you!