Suggest for new bike rack

Options
I’m looking to get a hitch bike rack. Anybody use the Kuat brand racks (Sherpa 2.0 or NV 2.0) I’m familiar with Thule (T2 Pro XT) but Kuat is a bit cheaper and is better reviewed.

We have carbon gravel and road bikes, no fat tire bikes. Want a rack we can just set the bikes into.

We also have a Yakima roof rack for my Acadia, and Sea Sucker rack for my hubby’s car so I have no brand loyalty…

Thanks!

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I have a Kuat bike rack and LOVE the thing. Believe its the Sherpa 2.0 We typically carry my triathlon bike and my wife's Townie on trips. The 2 bike model is reasonably light, fits in the 2" receiver on my truck and my wife's Jeep. Folds both up and down. Very handy to have ability to drop rack at an angle with the bikes on it to open the rear hatch on the Jeep Wrangler. The key is common to both the hitch lock as well as the cable lock that locks the bikes in place on the frame of the rack. Bikes are held in place very easily, and the adjustable tensioner keeps the rack from wobbling while underway. I recommend this rack very highly.

ETA: We have taken many long trips from Ct with this rack carrying expensive equipment. This picture shows the bikes on the rack upon arrival at our last race in Chattanooga, Tn, after a 930 mile drive.
    c2kylmdbnpca.jpg

• MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I like the kind of bike rack where the tires are secure. I have a bike rack where the top bar straps into the rack. It feels less secure. My bike rack has an accessory for my snowboards though. I ended up with quadratech brand.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I have a Kuat bike rack and LOVE the thing. Believe its the Sherpa 2.0 We typically carry my triathlon bike and my wife's Townie on trips. The 2 bike model is reasonably light, fits in the 2" receiver on my truck and my wife's Jeep. Folds both up and down. Very handy to have ability to drop rack at an angle with the bikes on it to open the rear hatch on the Jeep Wrangler. The key is common to both the hitch lock as well as the cable lock that locks the bikes in place on the frame of the rack. Bikes are held in place very easily, and the adjustable tensioner keeps the rack from wobbling while underway. I recommend this rack very highly.

ETA: We have taken many long trips from Ct with this rack carrying expensive equipment. This picture shows the bikes on the rack upon arrival at our last race in Chattanooga, Tn, after a 930 mile drive.
    c2kylmdbnpca.jpg

Thanks! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear! Cheaper and great!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I bought the Kuat Sherpa and I already love it!