Second week!! Hard but not impossible!

Options
Hello everyone!! This is my second week! I used to be an intuitive eater and that didn’t work out good for me. This time I am here with a realistic yet positive outlook in search of more friends to continue this journey together! 👋🏼👋🏼😊

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,354 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Calorie counting has a bit of a learning curve and it takes a while before MFP knows most of your favorite foods/recipes/etc, but it gets easier 🙂

If there's anything else you find hard, I'm sure we'll be able to offer some tips and insights 🙂
    Mine would be:
    - be patient, aiming for a slower rate of weight loss means eating more food and being less hungry, or even not at all.
    - no need to follow a named diet (low carb, keto, Mediterranean, paleo...) to lose weight and no need to ban all your favorite foods. This journey often is a lot easier if you eat your usual foods within your calorie goal and then make small gradual adjustments if necessary to make it easier to stay within your calories (for example lower calorie alternatives that deliver the same taste) or to help you feel more satiated (increasing protein intake for example) or reach health goals (for example finding ways to add more vegetables or healthy fats to your diet).