What did you do to break your stall?

Options
2»

Replies

• curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have found the following to help break a plateau:
    1. Change in exercise type and/or routine.
    2. Change in macros.
    3. A change in fasting hours and/or calorie alternate days (800 3 days per week/1600 4 days, or what works with your count)
    4. Take a break from the scale.
    Hope you break through soon!
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    As a menstruating woman, I can assure you that I had zero knowledge about the impact of my cycle on my weight until I started weighing daily a few years ago, when I started using MFP.

We're not saying all women don't have the necessary knowledge, but it's not at all far-fetched that a lot of women lack the knowledge and so it is useful to mention this information, just in case.

Me too!

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    OP, how long have you been at your diet and workout plan? I do find my weight tends to stall when I am about due for a "diet break." I actually just got off of one, and weight has already dropped right back to where I left off and seems to be trending to start losing again.

Trend app might be helpful, and "immediate" logging of anything you consume. For example, I know I am prone to "wooshes" and a new workout or change up can lead to a up to 3 week scale "gain."
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    BestTangibleAmericanquarterhorse-size_restricted.gif
  • kamaboko1
    kamaboko1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on a start. I haven't hit a stall yet. My metabolism is giving me the middle finger. I'm trying a 2K calorie a day deficit to see how my body responds.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    kamaboko1 wrote: »
    I'm still working on a start. I haven't hit a stall yet. My metabolism is giving me the middle finger. I'm trying a 2K calorie a day deficit to see how my body responds.

One possibility is a stress-related water weight gain. That would be fun, eh?

https://bodyrecomposition.com/research/dietary-restraint-cortisol-levels
  • Alan2159
    Alan2159 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This may or may not be helpful but I have been successful by cutting out processed foods, cutting way down on sugar avoiding it when at all possible and eating fruits, vegetables, baked fish and chicken. When I do eat bread which is not often I have whole grain and keep the loaf in the freezer. I’ve lost 17 pounds now since jan.1 and probably would have lost a lot more but I’m on drugs that drastically reduce my testosterone and I am not in good enough shape to push real hard working out. I don’t eat after supper unless its something very light and I am pretty hungry not just bored. I eat all the apples and fruit I want and people will probably say “ thats eating sugar” but there is a big difference in fruit and processed sugar. Complex carbs are fine in my opinion.
    I eat overnite oats every morning and switch up what I put in them maybe chia seeds or pb fit, triple zero yogurt or pomegranate powder but I consistently have oats and later a banana or something sensible. I am slowly losing weight and thats fine as long as each week it is going down. I think that just not eating late at night is a big plus but avoiding processed food and sugar and cutting back on sodium ( which is what a lot of processed foods contain a lot of) has made the difference for me. Bear in mind men are different but I am at a disadvantage with my testosterone level very, very low because of drugs I have to take to slow down cancer but I am still losing weight doing what I have described. I may add I am a hungry person who loves food, my apetite has not changed yet just my will and determination.