Weight gain at 1300 calories a day??

Options
Soo, yesterday when I got home I weighed myself and weighed 191.2lbs, and the day before that I was 190lbs. This morning, I weighed again after using the restroom (didn't drink or eat anything) and I was 192.2 lbs?? I'm not starving myself or anything(I don't really feel hungry)- but I don't eat while I'm at school , a healthy snack or two, and when I get home I have a pretty big dinner. And on the weekends, I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, in medium sized. I think that's why I gained those 2 pounds within 2 days, because I'm eating big meals? I don't know. Can Anyone give me an answer on why I'm gaining weight? Last weekend I lost 3 pounds. It's just frustrating for me because I'm trying to lose the weight, and every time I see the number on the scale increase, I get so disappointed in myself and want to quit so bad thinking that I can't loose weight.

( I do not overeat my calories, I weigh everything I eat and drink.)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    You only have three data points and three days...that isn't enough data to perform any kind of meaningful analysis. Body weight isn't static...it fluctuates. This is completely normal and natural. The human body is comprised of roughly 60% water, but that is also not static and is variable...changes in water composition show up on the scale. You also will have varying levels of inherent waste in your system. Most people can easily and normally fluctuate up or down 2-3 Lbs or more day to day due to normal and natural fluctuations. To perform any kind of meaningful analysis, you need actual data to analyze...three points is nothing. Weight management isn't a linear thing...I would also recommend a trending app that will show you the trend over time. Individual data points are noise...you need to look at the trend over time. This is what weight loss looks like on a trending app...for everyone...

Weight-Loss-Reality-Feature-1024x538.png

The blue is the individual data point weigh ins...it's the noise. The red is the overall trend over time and the trend is what is important.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,282 Member
    Options
    I would recommend weighing at the same point of each day. Your weight in the morning after going to the toilet really cannot be compared with your weight when getting home in the evening.

Even when weighing in identical circumstance every day, you can't conclude anything from a few days of data. Fluctuations over only a few days are meaningless. Fat is only a small part of how much we weigh, half of our body is water so water weight fluctuations will easily mask fat loss on the scale. Variations in salt intake, carbs, stress, sleep quality, hormonal cycle,... All things that influence our water weight level and weight. On top of that, we also have variations in how much food waste is in our digestive system

You might want to read this:
    https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/

Also, how sure are you about that 1300 calorie intake? Weighing everything and using accurate database entries?
  • Brian_K_Michigan
    Brian_K_Michigan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    exercise is what turned it around for me. While I was eating under my calories, I was not loosing weight. After getting my heart rate up three times per week, I have started to make some meaningful losses.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Those weights mean absolutely nothing in terms of your fat levels. Ignore what the scale says on a shorty timeline.