Why did my app stop tracking calories burned?

Options
possumcop229
possumcop229 Posts: 1 Member
My app has stopped adding calories burned recently. I have an Apple Watch and not sure what happened or how to fix it?

Answers

• FraggleBuster
    FraggleBuster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My steps that I log on my Fitbit have stopped syncing to MFP too :neutral:
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,310 MFP Staff
    Options
    Apologies for any problems you are having. To reach our support team for assistance, please visit https://myfitnesspal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us or email directly to support@myfitnesspal.com
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    @springlering62 maybe your answer lays here?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »
    @springlering62 maybe your answer lays here?
    Thanks.

I’ll have to reach out to them.

MFP is currently showing me with 5500 steps. My watch has me at almost 23,000.

I also did a mile and a half with the dog for 105 calories.

Afterwards MFP deducted an additional -110 to an already gigantic negative calorie adjustment.

So I LOST 5 calories because I went for a walk.

I’ve gone back as far as I can go in my diary and I see a trend. Days I don’t do much walking, I have small negative adjustments even if I have very large calorie burns.

Days I do particularly long walks, or several walks, I get hammered on negative adjustment.

I think it’s -441 today. That just seems excessive.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    @possumcop229 heck all your settings carefully. I thought I had checked every conceivable possibility, but Support suggest another.

Go to >more>steps and make sure it’s set on recording steps from your Watch and not iPhone.

Mine was inexplicably changed from Watch to phone.

I don’t always carry my phone, so this explains s why it’s been shorting me thousands of steps every day.

I changed it and it immediately corrected today’s steps and gave me back a hundred “negative calories”.

I’m going for a walk later this afternoon after the gym and am curious to see what will happen.

I’m hoping this will sort out the wild fluctuations with the negative calorie adjustment.
This discussion has been closed.