Working as exercise?

funkylemur
funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
When I go to work, can that be included in my exercise target? I work on shopfloor so for the full 4 hours of my shift I'm walking around. I suppose I never thought of it as exercise before but I was just wondering how I could monitor it.

Replies

• Herewego
    Herewego Posts: 49
    Hi,
    I don't think if you should if your "lifestyle" is put properly in the MFP. I am sat a desk all day long so I put myself as sedentary but there are other options that take into account if you have an active job.

HWG :happy:
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    My husband counts his. He wears a heart rate monitor. His MFP setting is sedentary though. Since he only works 4 hours a day 5 days a week and when not working he is usually sitting at home.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I think Sharonuk has a point, if it is part time and you are still sitting more than standing I would put it as sedentary. Though, I would wear a pedometer and make a goal to track my steps. You could even use a tickler and make a yearly goal or something.
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    I delvier newspapers so I count my I walk and jog for 2 hours or more a day! Good luck!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    If you filled out your profile correctly when you joined, that is already included as part of your lifestyle and factored in to how much you should be eating in order to lose the weight. If you log it, you'll basically be adding it twice, and if you eat those calories back you won't lose weight and you won't know why. You can check and see if your profile is right, and if it is, definitely do not add work as exercise. If it isn't, fix it, and you won't have to worry about logging it, it will already be there.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    When I go to work, can that be included in my exercise target? I work on shopfloor so for the full 4 hours of my shift I'm walking around. I suppose I never thought of it as exercise before but I was just wondering how I could monitor it.

Personally I do not include things like that as they are day-to-day living.
  • mrsw510
    mrsw510 Posts: 169
    You could...as long as you have yourshave my self set for a sedentary lifestyle. I my settings as active so therefore I dont count my active job as excerise.
This discussion has been closed.