16/8 Intermittent Fasting

Options
tamanig
tamanig Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2022 in Food and Nutrition
Great Morning All, is there anyone in the forum that's doing the 16/8 Intermittent Fasting. I'm looking for supporting and encouragement from anyone that out here.

Thanks

Replies

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it! I have been doing it this time since Christmas and doing much better than last time I did it. Last time I didn't worry about what I ate as long as it was in the window. This time I am being more conscious about what I'm eating. On weekends, I have been trying to fast a little bit longer. Right now I don't skip breakfast, but eat it later, so I fast from about 6:30 pm until 10:30 am. On weekends, I usually fast until lunch.
  • myral85
    myral85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a 16:8 faster. I don’t generally eat breakfast so I skip it and start eating about noon-ish. I recently watched a YouTube vid where the doctor said you benefit more by eating breakfast and skipping dinner because we tend to consume more calories with our evening meals. Im considering making that switch.
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this again. When I stuck to 16/8 previously eating from 7am to 2pm/3pm for about a year I saw lots of benefits. Specifically for me I noticed better sleep, better digestion, easier weight loss due to more manageable hunger levels and I saw my blood pressure drop to ideal levels. No guarantees it will work for everyone but it seems well suited for me.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Fasting helps for persons who are unsatisfied by regularly spaced meals. I used to think it didn't work because I am easily satisfied by breakfast and dinner. But it isn't about me. Its about people it works for.

The drawback of being famished and gorging after the 16 hours is offset by the hiatus from continuous snacking to fulfill the unsatisfied urges after each meal. Balanced out, it works. And, if the post 16 hour fast meal can be moderated it will work well.

Good luck!
  • chika867
    chika867 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am
    Interested in trying this. My
    Problem being is I work from 11.pm to 7 am then babysit from 8am to 3 pm go home get to sleep by 5 pm til I get up at 9 pm. I graze all night and day. Having difficulty juggling healthy meals
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I break my fast around 9 or 10 am, and stop eating around 5pm. I'm not famished after 16 hour fast, so I am not gorging myself. I still eat within my deficit, no snacking mindlessly. In fact, IF takes away that urge to snack mindlessly which I used to do quite often before. I eat breakfast between 9 and 10, then have a light lunch around 12 or 1. Dinner is at 4 or 4:30 with last bite before 5, then I'm done until the next morning. Black coffee in the am, and water throughout the day. Today is an exception as I am going out to dinner tonight. But as with everything, breaks are allowed. As is my meal! I have a feeling it's going to be high calorie! And tomorrow, it's back to normal.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I don't do 16:8, I typically only eat for 2-4hrs/day but my eating time is flexible.

I find it very easy and comfortable.