clothes embarrassment

Options
spookyface
spookyface Posts: 420 Member
edited March 2022 in Chit-Chat
Did you ever wear an outfit or something that later in the day you were embarrassed to be seen in? Does the embarrassment still haunt you? I will start. I think I was maybe 10ish and my mom made me wear a pill box hat with a veil to church. Boy did I get the funny looks. Another was a sweater and sweater pants set purple & white( a gift from mom) I wore it to work and when I entered the break room just saw horrified faces looking at me. I wanted to leave for the day!!!

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    What immediately comes to mind is a black top with tiered bell sleeves. It would have been a nicer look if the fabric had hung properly but it was too heavy for the style and those tiers had more body than my arms did. I probably looked like something out of a science fiction movie with a very low costume budget.

It came off as soon as I got home from work and went straight in the donation bag after it was washed.
  • ilecatsz
    ilecatsz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of favorite heels and bought multiple pairs. One day at work, I looked down and was wearing my favorites, one black and one red!