Weight loss, MFP friends in recovery

Options
mtngrl3
mtngrl3 Posts: 58 Member
edited March 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! I took kinda a hiatus from MFP while I got sober (alcohol) and my sugar intake sky rocketed, which is normal, but after I hit my one year of sobriety (March 1) I realized it was time to lose the extra weight and cut out the sugar/junk food and get back in shape. I've gained quite a bit of weight, I'm 5'8 and 177 lbs right now which is the heaviest I have ever been, counting both my pregnancies. I'm looking for some more friends on here who might have had a similar story and we can cheer each other on <3 Also if anyone can share extra tips/advice to get past these sugar cravings. So far I'm on day 4 of no sugar, only consuming the natural 'stuff' ;) , one day at a time. Feel free to add me on here! Send me a message with it because I've had quite a bit of bot friend requests lol

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    Yep, when I quite self-medicating with alcohol in the 90s I picked up an M&M habit, so I feel your pain :)

These days, I find eating several servings of fruit per day helps me not want sweets that are higher calorie, liked baked goods or ice cream.

When I eat chocolate, I make sure it is high quality dark chocolate, and I eat it v e r y v e r y s l o w l y, letting it dissolve in my mouth rather than chewing it. Chocolate chips work great for this.
  • Newlifemkg
    Newlifemkg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your one year! I’ve been trying to get sober in and out for 6 months. Had success and failures. In that process I have lost 25 pounds when I did commit. My stats are somewhat similar to yours now. I’m 5’ 6” 170. I’m cheering you on!