Friends/Women 40+ weight loss and hormones

Options
julesss4u
julesss4u Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all! I’m a 45-year-old mom 5’5 and 188-pounds who can’t lose it like I used to!! I feel like I look constantly bloated and no amount of work I do is helping. I don’t want to keep hiding in photos!

Looking for friends/support in this community who are struggling with the same body/hormone shift to share things that are working for you. I started working on myself in January and results have been sloooow (if any??) YOLO!! Let’s do this!! There’s got to be a way!!

Replies

• oconnell699
    oconnell699 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi , honestly when I read your comment it could of been me, I'm 47 and used to be able to diet no problem really but now I'm perimenapausal and just starting out on hrt, the doctor has said it's harder to loose weight and to concentrate on feeling myself again but I feel this has given me a free pass to not do anything.
    I suffer with bloating too, so I feel your pain
    I'm just back to start again , hopefully with a different mind set I have reset my goals and I'm going with slow and steady will win the race and I'm going to be kinder to myself dress better to suit my current weight. I'd Iike to improve my diet , my exercise and self esteem
    Good luck with your journey xx
  • BethScuba
    BethScuba Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hear you and can totally relate, so whilst I’m glad it’s not just me, it would be great if it didn’t happen to any of us! Good luck! ☺️