New to MFP

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Frank, I'm turned 70 in Jan., 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I am trying to take it all in, there is so much to learn and what to do. My nutritionist suggested this app. to help track my carbs. I find it easy to eat a diet of meat and veggies. More than 10 years ago I lost 50 lbs on a diet like that, but my hardest thing was to cut down on quantity. I got down to 170-175lbs. but moving to N W Wisconsin a year and a half ago I lost control of my eating, ice cream, pastries, and sweets. My weight went up to 195 until I had blood work done a month ago and that put an end to that, so I'm here to help me get healthy again. Sorry for the rambling. I can get carried away. Thanks for any help and support.
Frank

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,882 Member
    Options
    Hi, Frank, and welcome to MFP! I'm 66, hanging around here these days to maintain a healthy weight after losing to that point a few years back. This can definitely work! There are a bunch of folks here in our demographic, too.

Wishing you much success!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,913 Member
    Options
    Hi Frank. Welcome to MFP.

My husband is 67 and has been here since August. He was taken off all diabetes meds last month, after being on it for years,, and has one more week or so of reporting daily blood pressure readings, and should be able to come BP meds then.

Huge turnaround in six months.

Cheering you on to same!