glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
I'm never sure about option 3. 😀

Do you miss the disagree button? 19 votes

Yes
21%
snowflake954bobsburgersfanSuzySunshine99Chef_Barbell 4 votes
No
73%
ythannahLoveyCharXellercincorinasue1143durdenHoward_M_Burgerzlx1xHiawassee88Mellouk89MsCzarmumsahamstertherealme_lissasparklemekatieChillTheBathWater 14 votes
You should have capitalized all the words in the subject line
5%
Ironwoman1111 1 vote

Replies

• MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    No
    Overall I don't miss it; especially since it was far too often used on threads that asked for opinions and individual experiences.
    Q. "Do you eat veg at breakfast?'
    A. No
    ---> Disagree

Occasionally I DO miss it when someone offers up a truly unhelpful or offensive comment or states their opinion as fact.
  • therealme_lissa
    therealme_lissa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No
    I absolutely do not miss it!

I often seen it being used in hateful ways! Example- someone posting their success stories, before & after pics, or selfies & the unlike button being used! That’s an extremely rude & disgusting thing to do to someone who’s been working on themself!!
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    No
    Aw hell naw. Some disagree because you have a different point of view. One jumps on the Disagree Bandwagon and then a trend begins. It becomes a never ending loop of disagrees because someone personally can't stand you. I don't see anything good that ever came because of the disagree button. The Disagree Atmosphere becomes more than negative. It begets hate. Ask me how I know.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Nope, and I bet the mods are shaking their heads, thinking geez, ya can't please anybody. :)

I agree about seeing it used in unkind ways. People would post pictures and get the disagree button. I mean WTH?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    No
    MsCzar wrote: »
    Occasionally I DO miss it when someone offers up a truly unhelpful or offensive comment or states their opinion as fact.

Agree with this. And I do wonder if its absence will lead to more argumentative posts in threads.

I hated seeing it on selfies and posts expressing appreciation of selfies, that's just unnecessarily cruel.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Yes
    Yes.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I thought it was helpful for pointing out misinformation. I didn't see too much abuse of it, but maybe that's be because I'm not in the selfie threads.

Now, without it, threads get derailed with posts trying to correct one persons bad advice. The helpful advice that people are trying to give the OP gets lost in the mayhem.

• Mellouk89
    Mellouk89 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    No
    I don't, I call it the debate killer button. It was really annoying.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    I miss it but it was definitely used for some really stupid reasons and you can't blame it on accidentally hitting it while scrolling every time.

I kind of wondered if there was a way to force having to provide a reason if someone pressed it (to explain why something was bad advice or flat out wrong).
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    No
    Absolutely not.

I saw it used countless times when someone would just share their personal experience.

I would see entire threads where the conversation was all positive about a certain subject, but every post would have multiple disagrees and no one would actually say what they disagreed with.

Can you imagine if IRL in conversations people just randomly interjected with "I DISAGREE!" and then walked away?

People keep saying it was useful in the specific context of someone giving bad advice, but in truth, without someone explaining why the advice is bad it doesn't really resolve anything. Especially when disagrees were tossed around so easily that they were basically meaningless when no context was added.

I can't tell you how many times I saw the replies "I don't know why people are disagreeing with you."
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You can just use "hug" passive-aggressively...
  • ChillTheBathWater
    ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    No
    I've been onsite before & just returned after being away for a year... but, I have been around for a long time.

I'm glad it's gone mainly due to the many people who complained about being disagreed with daily. It was tiring reading all their comments... some seemed to take serious offense. And, yeah, some were surely targeted & spammed by disagrees. Still, the more they kept their complaints alive, the more they got targeted.

I don't miss it.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes, I miss it because it would blow off steam on some hot topics. People that think the disagreers don't have courage to post don't know what they're talking about, and when they post it's worse--there is escalation. Many great and interesting threads of the past were nuked due to long arguing back and forth. We'll see how it goes now. :D

However, disagrees never bothered me. I suppose because I didn't have that many. If a post of mine got a few, I'd reflect on my response and see if I was wrong. Sometimes I apologized. I believe in saying your sorry if you make a mistake.

Some people got very upset by disagrees and the more they were bothered--the more they got. I do think that the option should have been taken off Chit Chat a long time ago, but consider it useful on advice threads (a lot of bad advice is out there).
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Nope. I gave up on reactions a long time ago. Without being able to see WHO reacted, they never carried much weight for me.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    No
    Just an idea, why not pay all of your moderators. When things go off the rails, the pros can step in and give the correct answer.

You can't force the common member to do anything except follow the standard rules and regulations. So much rigidity kills forum discussion. No one wants to bother and no one wants to read anything from those who are constantly on standby just to pounce on others including newbies.

It's not what's being said, it's the way it's said. Tone is everything on a forum.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    No
    Absolutely not! Legitimate information isn't usually found on a forum where people let their opinions prevail, so with that, no! This isn't where the experts share their expertise. It's a fitness site and anyone under the sun with internet and a pulse can join. Misinformation, thank God I don't come here for legitimate information. No, I don't miss it. Overused and pointless!
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    You should have capitalized all the words in the subject line
    No.
    I picked no, so I don’t know why it put me in the I should’ve capitalized all the words in the subject line?😂 I have all the glitches.😑
  • Howard_M_Burgerz
    Howard_M_Burgerz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No
    No, if you disagree speak up and defend your thesis.