Howdy from Des Moines...

Options
ChillTheBathWater
ChillTheBathWater Posts: 32 Member
edited March 2022 in Introduce Yourself
I've just joined to keep track of calories. Only need to lose 20-lbs, after 2-yrs of traveling & eating road food, but after a recent traumatic accident resulting in 10 broken bones, I'm not able to exercise, including walking, until at least Thanksgiving.

It's a bummer, but I thought it best to utilize this time to keep track of food intake, so that at the end of the full 18-24 mos it will take to recover (August 2023 to Feb 2024), I'm not tipping the scale any more than the 20-lbs extra weight I've put on in 2-yrs. In fact, despite no exercise allowed, I'd also like to lose that 20-lbs by Christmas.

I'm exploring a vegetarian diet, although, I didn't thrive on one for 5-yrs, many years ago... have never been so ill. But, with extreme pain, financial devastation & being unable to work for at least a few months, then perhaps having to start over again at a low paying, at home call center type job, I don't want to sink into depression & hopelessness & feel the need to make whatever changes I'm able to now.

After 3-days of feeling a downward slide, now is the time to take myself out of victim role, move forward & thrive. It's the only road I wish to traverse.

So, hello fellow MFP members. I'm glad to be here & look forward to conversing & seeing the gainful progress of others.