Calorie Spiking To Gradually Recover But Still Lose Weight

Options
I'm 5'0 and currently 100 pounds. For the past summer, without realizing it, I've brought my calorie intake down to less than 700 calories a day, and I'm looking to recover my intake to at least 1200 calories a day. But I'd like to do it with as little weight gain as possible.

So I've seen this thing called "calorie spiking" and I heard it helps with weight loss. so my plan is to eat 700 calories a day for the remainder of this week, spike to 1700 calories on Saturday, and lower to 800 calories on Sunday. Then I eat 800 calories a day for the following week (or until I reach a point where I begin losing weight/not gaining any weight). Then on the Saturday of the week I decide, I spike to 1800 calories and lower to 900 calories on Sunday, and so on and so forth.

What I want to know is if this would work (without gaining more than 5 lbs.)? I really want to go back to normal eating but not risk the weight I've worked hard to lose.

Replies

• donewithmyself
    Options
    BUMP because I need answers!!!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    In my honest, humble opinion? Talk to someone in "real" life.

Everything about your profile suggests that if you don't already have an eating disorder you sure could be on that path.
    You don't want to be on that path.

Please talk to your parents, or someone in order to talk to a professional.