How to get started with an early morning routine?

micqs
micqs Posts: 186 Member
Hey guys! I am probably going to join the YMCA (if I qualify for the scholarship) in the town where I work. I work from 8-5 about 45m-1 hour away from where I live. I was planning on going on my lunch break but the more I thought about it, it doesnt make sense. It takes 10 min (no traffic) to get there so we'll just say 20 minutes since Knoxville is a pretty busy place. A 20 minute workout doesnt seem worth the money since I generally run 30 minutes at home. They've got some fitness classes from 6-7pm that I'd be interested in taking but then I wouldnt get home till 8pm. I'd still have to make dinner then relax an hour before bed because eating before bed generally gives me nightmares. It's just too late and I'd like to spend time with my fiance. So my only other option to joining the Y is to go in the morning. They have classes starting at 5 am. So my plan would be to get up at 430, leave by 5-5:15 and get there by 6. I would be able to attend a class (spinning, yoga, or zumba) from 6-7. Take a shower then get to work by 8.

Now this sounds like a plan with the massive exception that its in the morning. I used to be a morning person and I was able to get up and go to the gym but as I got out of college I found it harder and harder to get up early. How on earth should I go about attempting to condition myself to get up and do this? Any advice for working on getting up earlier?