Ultimate Accountability Challenge April 2022

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
You are invited to check us out...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1) More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4) Reporting of your fulfillment of the above (daily, or every other day).

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month.

Those who end the month with 3 or less Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

This group emphasizes long-term changes, but you can sign up for one month at a time.

You can join us here:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/142864-ultimate-accountability-challenge-april-2022

(be sure to click on the green 'JOIN' button).

Replies

• readandlift
    readandlift Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer I would like to join!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Great! @readandlift I see that you made it into the group! We look forward to getting to know you better!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Options
    Back for another month with this awesome group of dedicated folks. We are all of various walks in life and share our life experiences with one, another sometimes you can pick up a tip you didn’t think of and try it out. Give us a try and I think you will be pleased if not perhaps this is your moment to begin to change for a healthier lifestyle not a diet.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    I've been with UAC since 2017. This is such a great motivational space, where you get valuable support from the kind, caring members. It has helped me finally reach my UGW (just before Covid hit the world for six) and stay there for the duration. Posting everyday helps build solid habits which will help you on your quest for better Health and Fitness.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    April will be my 18th month with the UAC. This group is such a wonderful, diverse group of people from all over the world - in every phase of losing or maintaining. I hope that you'll come and check us out. You won't regret it!

I've lost about 45 lbs in my 18 months here.... but more importantly, I believe I'm learning how to KEEP IT OFF! Every month I learn more about living a healthier lifestyle, and I'm looking forward to losing these last 20 lbs this year!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Great group of friendly people to inspire you during your own personal journey.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderfully supportive and encouraging group that helps you build and keep the habits for a healthy life. This will be my 6th month and will be the month that I transition from losing weight to maintenance - all with the help of UAC!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Back again for another great month. Found this group in August 2021 (I believe). Love the focus on tracking, staying in range and exercise. Great encouragement given daily!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    This challenge would suit anyone — whether you have lots to lose, little left to get you to your goal, if you are learning to maintain, or you would benefit from a daily accountability group to keep to maintenance. The group is diverse in so many ways, including the countries (and time zones) we are from, our health goals, age, levels of experience, and approaches to nutrition. A truly supportive and non-judgemental group of lovely people.

The commitment is low but the accountability it offers is critical for continued success.

I am joining the April UAC for my 9th month and what good fortune it has been to find this group! Join us - you won’t regret it.
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer -- have a question re if the plan I follow will work for this challenge, so sent you a message / mail thru MFP.

Lynn

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @lynn_w I've sent you a friend request here on MFP. If we are not friends, your message won't get through to me. Once we're friends, we can message each other. Looking forward to talking to you! :)
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    April will be my 3rd month with the UAC group and I can't recommend it enough. This is such a great group of supportive, encouraging people all along the spectrum in their health journeys. I always learn something new. I hope you join us!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    April 1st will be my 4 Year Anniversary in UAC, posting every day.

You may have seen my posts in these threads in the past.

Please try it. I’m pretty sure it will change your life.

Basically if 1) we keep our calories where WE decide be, 2) exercise 20 mins daily minimum (WE decide what counts as exercise), and 3) track every single bite…we will lose weight AND maintain.

This group supports you as you practice & improve your ability to do these 3 things. They are no simple, but they are do-able!

1,461 days. I lost my final 25 of 75 lbs & have kept it off 3 years & 7 months.

We look forward to welcoming you to our friendly, uplifting, and positive group!

🌸Maddie
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    I just joined again for my 8th month of UAC. This is such a helpful and inspiring group of people. They have helped me in my weight loss and also just taught me how to have healthy habits for life. I think this group is the best part of MFP for me (yes, even better than the tracking!). I highly recommend it.

Also just a note that you can join even if you don't think you can win the challenge. I've only won once (I think). It's still worthwhile to try even if you can't quite make it.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I signed up again for this great group. I think it is my 5th or 6th month. It is so well organized and well lead. The format makes it simple to post brief posts daily for accountability and there are also opportunities for learning and sharing. This group is really helping me achieve my goals.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,281 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Lynn__W wrote: »
    Mrs_Hoffer -- have a question re if the plan I follow will work for this challenge, so sent you a message / mail thru MFP.

Lynn

If I may answer your question. You can be following any plan (Noom, WWW, etc.,), this challenge holds you accountable to the 3 basic life rules needed for weight loss and maintenance, tracking, exercising, and eating within your weight loss plan. The minimum minutes of exercise is 20 mins (can be broken down to 5 mins for 4 times in the day). You decide the type of exercise.

I have been in the group since 2018. It is the best group challenge. A very supportive, non-judgmental group. Some of us are maintaining, losing, or even trying to gain :):).

Some of the benefits are consistency, accountability to yourself, and progress.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Very well said @victorious55 . Thank you!

@Lynn__W I do hope that you'll join us!!
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Looking forward to getting 100% back on track. Am registered for a 80k/50m bike ride for July 3rd and it's still too muddy and icey to start riding yet. Would be very happy to have 15 off by then, but even 10 would be awesome because I'll be rebuilding some muscles.

L.
  • MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Happy Day! I'm here to try again! I've let too many things sidetrack me. I know I can stay on track if I focus. I have all the resources I need to be successful. I'd like to lose a pound a week while I record all my calories, exercise 20 minutes and stay below my calorie limit every day. Or most days lol! Best of luck to us all :)