Protein

Options
I find protein DVs actually all the DVs almost impossible to reach and stressful. Do people really need as much protein as the DVs? Or is that a reflection of the meat eating society we live in. ( I do eat meat 1x per day and use a combination of dairy and soy. I feel like all I do is eat and it's annoying.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Well, this site sets your protein at 20% of daily calories. That isn't hard for me to reach.

Did you change your protein goals, or are you extremely obese? People with extremely high weights will have somewhat skewed numbers, macro-wise. What did you use to calculate your protein? How much protein (in grams) are you attempting to hit?
  • vapianogirl2553
    vapianogirl2553 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Never been obese I am 120
  • vapianogirl2553
    vapianogirl2553 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So I figured out I actually don't need many calories on non active days but I need more when I hike ect. and been not worried about calories and focusing on macros. I actually upped my protein don't worry about the rest. By not filling up on carbs I can get more protein in also by adding vital proteins to my soymilk and eating Greek yogurt daily I've added a lot sipping bone broth is good too but I keep forgetting