Type 1 diabetic

Options
beaumontandrew
beaumontandrew Posts: 1 Member
How safe is this for me as a type 1 diabetic? I've put a bit of a tummy on since turning 50 but find conflicting advice.
Thanks!

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,324 MFP Staff
    Options
    Please consult your doctor for any safety questions regarding your health. Advice from forum members should not be a replacement for consultation from a professional.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    How safe is this for me as a type 1 diabetic? I've put a bit of a tummy on since turning 50 but find conflicting advice.
    Thanks!

Safe in what context? It's just calorie counting...eating food and keeping a diary of what that food is and it's calories and nutrients. It's not different than eating the same food and not keeping a diary, so I guess I'm a little confused by the question.

If you're talking about the macro breakdown and whatnot, that's just a default...there isn't anything magical about it and it doesn't take into account medical rood restrictions so you would have to adjust accordingly...and as mentioned, consulting a Dr. should be your first stop.
  • roblmbmom
    roblmbmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In regards to setting up your macros, as said before talk to your doctor or dietician if you have access to one. Personally I love to use the app as a food diary and to help me realize when I’m emotional eating or boredom eating (if I have to put it in my phone it makes me question my motives). It’s also helpful when talking to you health team (my nurse always asks what I did before this low or that high) to have something to refer to!
This discussion has been closed.