How do I commit to my weight loss goal and succeed?

Options
It seems that I don’t have the motivation/willpower/discipline to reach my weight loss goal. I always lose a little bit (5 to 10 pounds) then I gain it all back and more. This usually happens after 1 or 2 months of “trying to lose weight”

What can I do to push through and actually lose the weight and not give up after a month or 2?

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Make it as easy as possible on yourself:
    • Set a reasonable rate of loss to have a higher calorie goal (i.e. don't pick 2lbs per week unless you have a significant amount of weight to lose)
    • Choose foods you like to eat and don't feel forced to eat something because it is "healthy"
    • Allow yourself the option of eating up to maintenance when you need/want to
    • Choose exercise that you enjoy doing and don't worry about the highest calorie burn
    • Focus on finding balance in your habits
    • Enjoy the process
    We often want the fastest results in weight loss, but if you can shift your focus to a sustainable process you have a better likelihood of success.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    What would you like the rest of your life to look like? "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got." For me, I decided I wanted to be able to move and live a long time. Making this decision made me stick with it.