Quitting Soda

Sodas are my enemy. I don't drink regular sodas anymore but I still use diet and zero sodas as a crutch. I can work out and eat correctly but sodas are that one thing that my mind just cannot overcome. Anyone else in here gone through the same thing?

Replies

• MaryFloNS
    MaryFloNS Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2022
    For me, soda keeps me from eating, especially at night. I drink store brand diet cola and I will only pour half a glass at a time, I fill the glass with carbonated water. 1 or 1.5 cans will last me through the day and night.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,373 Member
    cblo229 wrote: »
    Sodas are my enemy. I don't drink regular sodas anymore but I still use diet and zero sodas as a crutch. I can work out and eat correctly but sodas are that one thing that my mind just cannot overcome. Anyone else in here gone through the same thing?

As a crutch for what? What do you believe is the downside of drinking the diet (zero calorie) sodas?
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    I was drinking way too much soda and then I found I really like the Bubly and Lacroix waters. I don't care for the taste of artificial sweeteners in diet soda but the flavored sparkling waters do the trick. I don't miss the sugar just the bubbles and I can have as many as I want and not feel bad.