Hi! New to the forum

I've used My Fitnesss Pal for a about a year. I just discovered this forum. My name is Emily, and I'm 40 years old. My claim to fame is being in the best shape of my life in 2010 and falling off the wagon. I went from fantastic shape, 142 lbs, great energy......to getting comfy over the summer and the weight came back with a vengeance. I've gained 40 lbs over the last 2 years and every ounce of energy is zapped. I'm trying to get back into the groove. I saw a nutrition coach and she did lots of weights and measures and told me I should be getting close to 1800 calories per day. I was originally doing 1200. At 1200, MFP said I would be losing about 2-3/ week. At 1800 it looks like its going to take 6 months to lose 10 pounds!!!!! I know it's not an exact science on MFP, it can only do what you tell it. Right now I'm trying to be more active, 30 minutes of walking, or some movement per day.

Can someone give me some advice on the calorie intake? My food diary is public.

Replies

• tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    I would say if you went to a nutritionist I would trust them before I trust the generic MFP calculations. I would be more than happy to talk about the nutrition part though, feel free to shoot me a friend request!