Do you have kids and a nanny?

Options
2»

Replies

• RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a parent and a childcare worker and that sounds ridiculous to me. I don't think I would have continued doing this after one week, you deserve more respect AND more pay for what you are doing.
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your new job.I.d let them down (phone in sick once during your last week) May make them appreciate you & the long hours you have worked

I've had to go to the hospital since he's been my responsibility. Because she works so far away, I had to bring him with me. I don't get to call in sick. I've tried :/
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    No kids, but I'd like a nanny! :bigsmile:

Pay me more than $700 a month and you got a deal lol

I have a job starting September 6 after he goes back to school. I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!!!

You fancy coming to England? I pay more than that for my kids to do 3 days at nursery while I work! 3 days 8-6 costs £650 a month, which must be about $1000 at least!

Sorry, your sister is taking the piss!
  • recoveryjunky
    Options

I have a job starting September 6 after he goes back to school. I CAN'T FREAKIN' WAIT!!!

You fancy coming to England? I pay more than that for my kids to do 3 days at nursery while I work! 3 days 8-6 costs £650 a month, which must be about $1000 at least!

Oh man, that'd be awesome! haha if only I could convince my guy to go over there!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

heck, I'll movet o England for that! I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind watching the kids while I'm gone! LOL :laugh:
  • DawnieB1977
    Options

heck, I'll movet o England for that! I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind watching the kids while I'm gone! LOL :laugh:

Bring the whole family lol. It's nice here, we live by the sea.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

Bring the whole family lol. It's nice here, we live by the sea.

sounding better and better all the time!!
  • HeinekenMan
    HeinekenMan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My mom ran a daycare in Central Illinois. She charged $85 a week per child. When we moved to Florida, my kids were in daycare. It was about $100 a week per child. These days, prices might be a little higher. But I bet I can find at least a dozen places that will charge me less than $700 a week. So I think you're overcharging. But a daycare has several kids at once. You only have one. So it's not really a career that you have. Instead, you have a part-time job. If you want a full-time job, you have to leave the part-time job. That means that you must stop watching this child. Depending on where you live, your family members may be able to find a daycare provider with better rates. And, yes, some do watch kids all hours of the day and night.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    My mom ran a daycare in Central Illinois. She charged $85 a week per child. When we moved to Florida, my kids were in daycare. It was about $100 a week per child. These days, prices might be a little higher. But I bet I can find at least a dozen places that will charge me less than $700 a week. So I think you're overcharging. But a daycare has several kids at once. You only have one. So it's not really a career that you have. Instead, you have a part-time job. If you want a full-time job, you have to leave the part-time job. That means that you must stop watching this child. Depending on where you live, your family members may be able to find a daycare provider with better rates. And, yes, some do watch kids all hours of the day and night.

Wow. Childcare in England really is expensive. About £40 a day per child, so around $75. Childminders charge a bit less than nurseries do.

I don't think there are any nurseries that look after kids after 6pm. If you need someone after that then you hire a nanny, which costs a lot more.
  • recoveryjunky
    Options

soooo this is not supposed to sound snarky but it's the internet and you can't convey tone: did you read the first post? i have him 70 hours per week for $700 a month... that's almost two full time jobs worth of time...