Keep losing weight, good but seems weird help?

Options
So i've lost over 73 lbs in my 3 and a half month journey. I'm so proud of myself, but I'm trying to figure something out. 2 days ago i was at 236 lbs, yesterday i woke up and weighed at 234.6. Today I woke up and weighed 232.4.

Seems weird because i haven't lost weight like that. The most I have ever lost in a week is 5 lbs. Well this gets stranger, I just had my first cheat day in a long time. I treated myself to Buffalo Wild Wings. I still stayed within my calorie goal but I ate deep fried food. (Chicken tenders and fries) well, I came home and after using the bathroom I decided to step on the scale. I was at 231.6.

I know its not good to weigh everyday or even multiple times a day, but I wanted to see the accuracy of my weight and how it has been fluctuating.

My theory is that its been water weight, but then again I take diuretics on an every other day basis because I have medical problem with excessive bloating. My stomach isn't bloated and hasn't been the past few days, haven't had any diuretics, and I can tell that i'm not retaining excess water.

Can anyone debug my problem? Also my scale is accurate. Only about a month old, and I weight myself 3 times at a time to confirm accuracy with 60 seconds in between each weigh in. I can also see that my scale is accurate because looking in the mirror I can tell that i'm losing weight, even just 2 lbs I can usually spot if its coming off of my belly or arms or legs.

Also, heres another thing i'm thinking about, maybe loss of muscle mass? I'm not that muscular, actually not at all, except for my calves, they are abnormally big because i run a lot, but i haven't ran much the past week. I have ran but not as much as i usually do. Sorry for this long post, just needed to make sure I give you as much information as you may need.

Thanks

Edit: Also, I don't take Diuretics for 'Temporary Weight Loss' , I take it because of the excessive bloating and water retention that I frequently have. The bloating I experience is most different than others. I bloat on anything, whether its fruit, candy, water (weird) and pretty much anything that can be small. I haven't been able to get diagnosed yet by a doctor but i have done hours and hours and hours of research and i know what it is.

Replies

• annenhie
    annenhie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am no professional but if it's just water weight, you should be gaining weight some days too not just losing all the time. I gain water weight a lot because I am into salty food. I would gain like 2-3 lbs then lose it all within 2-3 days once I up my water intake. Maybe you need to consult a doctor if the weight loss is at an alarming rate.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Do you meet it? Weigh and measure your food?

A visit to your doctor is probably the best advice.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    probably just water weight...