Lady Lifters : Pants That Fit

Options
springlering62
springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
A couple of years ago there was a thread about pants that fit female lifters. I’ve got a friend having issues. Small waist, muscular calves and legs.

I just wear jeggings (love the Seven7 brand) but I’m retired so it doesn’t matter, so I’m not much help.

Does anyone remember the name of the thread or can you make suggestions for something dressier for work?

I’ve tried several different search terms but just can’t find it.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I remember the thread but can’t search well on my phone. I’m increasingly wearing skirts and dresses as I’ve got the classic lifter’s small waist and humongous quads. I’ve also been looking at the wide legged trousers which are back in fashion (but I am short so I need to be careful otherwise I look like I’ve been cut off at the knees) and I recently bought a smart pair of black combats - wide legged, pulled in at the waist and I wear them with a smart jacket. I look a bit like I’ve stepped out of the 90s but who cares?!
  • jonesdorothy08
    jonesdorothy08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where are recipes to gain weight. I am underweight at 94 pounds. 5'3. Not a big fan of food.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I'd need help finding dress pants if I ever needed to wear them. I get away with stretch jeans, joggers, etc at work. I found some garment dyed pants at old navy with elastic waist that work.

To gain weight, eat more. Perhaps ice cream and peanut butter? Tortillas with cheese and bacon? Butter or whipped cream on everything 😋
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Some people I know (Crossfit type women) have talked about Barbell Apparel (https://barbellapparel.com/collections/womens) but I haven't tried them. I think they may just have jeans/chinos and workout wear, not dress pants.

I'm not swole enough to need anything special beyond either usual stretch, or relaxed fit trouser-type things in fabrics like linen. I think maybe trousers with pleats vs. narrow fit might be more forgiving, but whether a person likes those, or whether they're in fashion/available, might be issues.

Can I complain about workout jackets, though, and often even non-workout ones? Why do the people who make these think I want full-length 360-degree arm compression, always? Are we still in the "heroin chic"/"every woman should be skeletal" era? How am I supposed to wear any shirt with sleeves under the jacket? I'm not *that* big. I have wide shoulders, and a bit of lats action besides, so I tend to need at least medium to large in jackets or shirts with sleeves, even though small or sometimes even extra-small would fit my torso. That's OK. Thing is, even the medium/large jackets have very tight arms. Why? /rant

ETA: For pants, "learn to sew" is further than many women would want to go, and pants aren't that easy. Well, fitted ones aren't that easy, relaxed silhouette ones are. I already know how to sew, so if I had those admirable thighs that defy standard clothing shapes, I'd probably start making pants again. I've done it in the past, just because I wanted to, not because I couldn't find pants that fit. If your friends are financially comfortable, maybe a local seamstress/tailor?