My numbers seem off?

Options
I've kind of fell off the wagon of recording my food intake/exercise for a couple of months, but now i am back recording it all religiously and am down about 22lbs. One thing I find odd, I am eating between 12-1400 calories per day. I am trying to lose as much weight as I can, as fast as I can, the most I can input into the goals thing is 2lbs per week. It reccomends I eat 2380 calories per day to attain that. I feel full every day eating my 1300 or so cals, I really don't think I could eat double that. Also I don't really want to start eating different foods than what I am eating now. If I feel fine and am losing weight, is it okay for me to only eat half of what it reccomends or am I headed for a crash?

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your weight/height/age, it's hard to tell if your numbers are off. But I wouldn't suggest halving what MFP suggests, even though you want to lose weight 'as fast as you can'. This is unhealthy and eating dramatically lower than you needed calories for extended periods of time can have a wide range of side effects, some of them permanent.

If you're struggling to get your calories up, try aiming for an extra 100-150 each week. Calorie dense things like oils, nuts, butter, cheese, can provide a lot of calories for a small amount.

ETA: Your profile says you're a 26yo male. Men should not eat less than 1800. Your body isn't getting enough fuel, which will cause it to source energy from other places, including muscle, and begin to cut corners where it can. Please aim to increase your calorie goal if you want healthy, sustainable, weight loss.