In search of pain!

allother94
allother94 Posts: 588 Member
I’m looking for a 2 month challenge to really push my body to the limits; think army boot camp. I have a desk job and will need to return to the office in a few months. This is my last chance to do something epic while I’m still working from home. Anyone have anything?

45 year old, early intermediate lifter. 19% body fat

Thanks!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    This is going to really depend on your fitness base. A high level of base fitness is necessary for regular strenuous exercise loads...otherwise, you're just looking for an injury...and those loads still need to be managed for proper recovery. I was in the Marine Corps (boot in 1993) and frankly I didn't find the physical nature of boot to be particularly hard...boot is more of a mental game than anything else. Anyone with a decent level of physical fitness isn't going to have much of a problem with the physical aspects of boot camp. You basically run a few miles everyday and do a lot of pushups and pullups and rucking with some obstacle course and swim stuff thrown into the mix. It's not particularly hard or daunting from a physical fitness standpoint...granted I was a multi-sport competitive athlete going in.

Though I have my own qualms with it, perhaps something like crossfit if you just want to punish your body for the sake of punishing your body. Or maybe train for something epic like a triathlon or marathon or century ride or hiking a 14er...at least the training would have some purpose.