50 is approaching fast! Now is the time to create healthier habits.

Options
So I'm trying to regain my health. In my late 30s, I did that. Then, had a family. Was caregiver for my mom for a year. Now trying to balance working, family life, kid's sports life, and putting myself first. Looking to lose 30 pounds, so I need to reteach self how to eat and how to incorporate a balance of weight training and cardio. Would love to have some friends on this journey who are trying to achieve the same.

Replies

• AlK1971
    AlK1971 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck :) . Similar here, got fit in late 30's then went off the rails. Hit 50 last year and decided to try again.
  • WatchMan76
    WatchMan76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Up and down from 306 to 244 back in 2020; then recently up to 294.

Game Changer Alert!

At 61 years of age, my Cardiologist advised me I may have had a "Silent Heart Attack" then landed myself on a Cardiac Floor for 3-days with A-Fib. All turned out okay with all tests good; heart running properly yet Cholesterol, Triglycerides all above normal.

TONS of stress in my current life most definitely a factor, as I know, through your post, you can appreciate.

Now, like the last charge up the hill, I've returned to myfitnesspal to lose the weight and get off the medications I've been put on; NOT a fan of medications; who is?

Started March 28th and am down to 284.

My primary issue is failing to physically move more!
    Sedentary job doesn't help.
    You are correct about strength training and cardio. I gotta get moving again!

Weekends are also a test of endurance with family get togethers and just good-time weekend eating.

-

SIDE NOTE:

Have researched fasting techniques and the benefits of such practices, autophagy specifically.

(Check out a Japanese cell biologist "Yoshinori Ohsumi" who won the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 2016 for his research on how cells recycle and renew their content, a process called autophagy, through fasting).

Absolutely NOT for everyone and needs to be monitored through your physician(s).

There are so many options within fasting techniques: intermittent fasting, with varying times to eat/fast; dry fasting; extending fasts, etc.).

Hope this provides some help and encouragement; you are so not alone.

Be well...... :-)

• fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I see a trend . 53 and getting fit again!