Active VS lightly active

Options
I am not sure if I would be considered active or lately active in my profile. I do not work out every day, however I do get 10,000 steps plus each day. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• sunnygurl_tx
    sunnygurl_tx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is great, daily stepping, so I would say "active." :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,584 Member
    Options
    MFP intends you to set activity level based on daily life before intentional exercise, then log and eat exercise calories when the exercise happens. If your steps are a routine thing (even if only on weekdays), that many would be active, and maybe even above. Start at active, add workouts when you do them (or synch a tracker with negative adjustments enabled), do that for 4-6 weeks, see how it goes.

If you're female, adult, not in menopause yet, continue long enough to compare bodyweight at the same relative point in at least two different monthly cycles, to figure average weekly weight loss. Once you have enough personal data, you can adjust eating if necessary.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,204 Member
    Options
    Did you see the answer on your other thread with the same question? (same answers essentially :smile: )
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Pick one. Do it for 4-6 weeks and see what happens and adjust from there. They are just meant to be guides really. Nothing about any 'calculator' can tell you exactly where you are or what your specific caloric needs are.