Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

"My Pantry" section for saved foods

Options
I often find myself searching through much of my history just to find one item that I had several days or even weeks ago. I'm always worried that it will fall off of the "recent" list and then I'll have to do lots of searching to find it again. It can be difficult to find my regular known items -- the ones that I actually have in my pantry -- in the midst of all of the other random items that I eat on occasion, such as restaurant food, office meals, or other meals cooked outside of my home.

I would like to see a "My Pantry" section under "My Items" (next to "My Recipes" and "My Meals") where individual items can be saved. This differs from the " My Foods" section in that the items come from the food database, rather than being manual contributions. Users could "star" or "favorite" items and they would be added here.

Users could use this section to actually represent the items that are in their pantries, or they could simply use it as a list of frequently-consumed items that they want to save for easy access.
Tagged:
15 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Yes! I use the meals function right now to do this, (a meal of all the chicken entries I use, the summer produce entries, the beef entries, grains, etc) in smaller blocks, but then I have to enter a bunch of items and delete the unwanted ones when I need to use one of them. Your idea of a saved list would be much easier.
  • RubyBoobie420
    RubyBoobie420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed this still is not a thing
  • sophpansegrau
    sophpansegrau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That would be awesome
  • Jean
    Jean Posts: 733 MFP Staff
    Options
    I've definitely seen this request around before, and can see the benefit! I just passed along the suggestion to our internal team to consider for a future update. Thanks!