Change Sodium intake limit 2022

Options
Yukatakaytee
Yukatakaytee Posts: 16 Member
I want to change the limit for sodium intake or remove it altogether. I looked through okder posts and it was obvious the app had changed enough to either remove the option or it's somewhere still, but hidden.

I know a lot of you care about cardiovascular issues, high blood pressure, yada yada, but I'm at the other end of the spectrum with low blood pressure. I've already fainted from it and my doc wants me to increase it and I don't really care the the reminders to watch out for it. I don't like a lot of salty food, so I don't want reminders wheb I add foods to my diary to be careful. I got the thumbs up.
So far I found that I like corn with salt on it and beer cheese (too salty for my snacking husband, so it's a winner).

I just want to know how to customize this thing.

Thanks!

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,284 MFP Staff
    Options
    To customize your targets, log into your account on our website at http://www.myfitnesspal.com. Sign into the members log in area by clicking the blue "login" link, using the same log in information you use to log into the app. Once you've logged in, go to "My Home", then "Goals", then hit the "Edit" button next to Daily Nutrition Goals. You'll be taken to a page where you can set your own targets for all of the nutrients we track.

Once you've saved your changes, those same changes will appear in the app the next time the app syncs to the website - this should happen automatically with a valid internet connection.
  • Yukatakaytee
    Yukatakaytee Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    So is this option not available on the app? (If not please make it an option, last time I logged onto the website was back in 2014).

Is there a way to remove notifications for specific micronutrients? Or all micronutrients?
  • durden
    durden Posts: 3,284 MFP Staff
    Options
    The option is currently only available via our website at this time, yes.

Could you clarify your second question? What notification are you referring to, specifically?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,280 Member
    Options
    So is this option not available on the app? (If not please make it an option, last time I logged onto the website was back in 2014).

Is there a way to remove notifications for specific micronutrients? Or all micronutrients?

For the first point: I can change my nutrient goals on the app, under Goals > Nutrition Goals (I just checked, but perhaps this is a premium feature?).

For the second point, I think you are taking about diary food insights? You can turn those off:
    3nof7mjq6l26.jpg
This discussion has been closed.