I need to lose 9kg - struggling!!!

Options
Jit7
Jit7 Posts: 75
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi All

I'm back again on MFP. My current weight is 59kg and I aim to lose 9kg but not given myself a timeframe. I see all the amazing weight loss and think its totally fantastic how people have lost so much weight.

It's only the first week but finding it hard to stop snacking and control portions. 9kgs seems like such a challenge for me but I'm hoping everyone else's success will spur me on. I'm not particulary big but have too many flabby bits to get rid of (sorry for too much info there)

Anyway, thanks in advance to fellow MFP's for your support

Jit

Replies

• Jettisson
    Jettisson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    9kg is 19.84 lbs.

Set your goal at a healthy 1.5lbs a week and in a little over 13 weeks (3 months) you can get rid of that weight.

Use that as a motivator.

If snacking is the issue, feed it into your routine.... Nuts & fruit are great to snack on at night in front of the TV, as is natural peanut butter if you have a sweet tooth.

People on here can help you, but you have to accept that the weight isn't going to go unless you truly want it to.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    9kg is 19.84 lbs.

Set your goal at a healthy 1.5lbs a week and in a little over 13 weeks (3 months) you can get rid of that weight.

Use that as a motivator.

If snacking is the issue, feed it into your routine.... Nuts & fruit are great to snack on at night in front of the TV, as is natural peanut butter if you have a sweet tooth.

People on here can help you, but you have to accept that the weight isn't going to go unless you truly want it to.

peanut butter for a sweet tooth?
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    9kg is 19.84 lbs.

Use that as a motivator.

Some of this is good advice, however with only 20lb to lose you should be aiming for no more than 1lb a week, and then when you get to 10lb to lose, change that to 0.5lb a week. It will take longer but the less you have to lose the less severe the deficit should be.

Having said that, you have stated that you aren't that big but are 'flabby' - if that's the case, I'd strongly advise you look into lifting. You will undoubtedly get the body you want before you reach the weight you want. And no, you will not 'bulk'.

Check out 5x5 stronglifts or new rules of lifting for women.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You can so do this!!!
    I WILL BE CHEERING YOU ONE!!!! :drinker:
    Only YOU are in control of this and never, ever give up - dedication will get you to your goal and your dream!
  • Jit7
    Jit7 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your support!

Totally right - I need to get the good snacks in rather than the bad ones. Also read somewhere that by eating more protein it should curb my sweet tooth so will try that too.

The lifting programs look tough but worth a try. Just need to get myself to the gym more. I run and swim but don't really do any weights so this will be a change.

OK so 1lb-1.5lb a week is the goal for me then

I will update with my progress

THANK YOU xxx
This discussion has been closed.